Case Project 10-2, The network shown in figure 10-21 consists of five class C networks connected via six routers. Each network has a single machine on it. Study the diagram before continuing.
1) How many hops are there from one node to another? Make up a detailed table.
2) What are all of the IP addresses? Assign IP's for each machine and all router ports, Some IP addresses are already suggested.
3) Estimate how long it takes (assuming all routers come on line at the same time with their port-0 and port-1 IP addresses set) for the routing tables to stabilize. Use a 30 second RIP interval in your calculation.
4) What entries are in Router Ra's routing table?
5) If router Rf goes down, how does machine 4 talk to machine 5?
6) What is the minimum number of routers required to connect all five networks?
7) What is the impact of elimanating one router from the network in figure 10-21?
8) What is the impact of removing two routers?
Mansfield, K. C., & Antaonakos, J. L. (2010). Computer networking for LANs to WANs: Hardware, software and security. Albany, NY: Delmar Cengage Learning.
Preview of case-project-10-2-solutionr.docx