1. Question : (TCO 1) When athletes reach a physically trained state, they are able to use more _______________ for energy.
2. Question : (TCO 2) Which of the following sports is the least likely to place a young girl or woman at risk for the female athlete triad?
3. Question : (TCO 3) What is the percentage of calories from fat for a piece of pie that contains 300 calories and 12 grams of fat?
4. Question : (TCO 4) Which of the following is not one of the physiological effects of regular physical activity?
Decreases the action of insulin
Enhances gastric motility
Maintains and/or increases lean body mass
Increases high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL)
5. Question : (TCO 5) Which of the following BEST describes disordered eating?
A psychiatric condition that requires a physician's diagnosis
Any condition in which one's eating behavior changes more than six times per year
General term that describes a variety of abnormal or atypical eating behaviors
Any disorder in which one attempts to reduce one's body weight below a healthy range
6. Question : (TCO 6) Impulsive, low self-esteem, seeks attention, extroverted, and erratic describe personality traits of:
binge eating disorder.
7. Question : (TCO 7) Which of the following BEST describes why the body reduces nonvital body functions in untreated anorexia nervosa?
There is insufficient estrogen to regulate these functions.
The body is trying to maintain normal body temperature.
The body needs to conserve energy.
The individual's activity level is very low.
8. Question : (TCO 8) Which of the following is NOT a characteristic seen in binge-eating disorder?
Eating much more rapidly than normal
Eating large amounts of food and purging afterward
Eating large amounts of food when not hungry
Eating until feeling uncomfortably full
9. Question : (TCO 9) Chronic dieters have elevated cortisol levels. What is cortisol?
A stress hormone
An appetite stimulant
10. Question : (TCO 10) Currently, the best known treatment of eating disorders is:
a team-management approach.
a high-calorie, high-protein diet.
* Times are displayed in (GMT-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
Preview of solution-SCI-228wk-6.docx