1. Question : (TCO 4) Recommended weight gain during pregnancy is based on the:
mother's weight at the end of the first trimester.
size of the fetus at three months' gestation.
mother's pre-pregnancy body mass index.
2. Question : (TCO 4) The average weight and height for a healthy newborn in the United States is:
5.5 pounds and 14-16 inches long.
6.5 pounds and 16-18 inches long.
7.5 pounds and 18-22 inches long.
8.5 pounds and 22-24 inches long.
3. Question : (TCO 5) Which of the following fatty acids is critical to fetal brain and eye development?
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
4. Question : (TCO 6) Which of the following enhances the absorption of iron?
5. Question : (TCO 7) All of the following are associated with gestational diabetes EXCEPT:
delivery of a low-birth-weight infant.
increased maternal risk of developing Type II diabetes.
increased maternal risk of developing preeclampsia.
increased fetal risk of developing Type II diabetes.
6. Question : (TCO 8) Which of the following is NOT a maternal benefit of breast-feeding?
Assists the uterus in returning to prepregnancy size
Potential decreased risk of breast cancer
Shortens the intervals between pregnancies
Is less costly
7. Question : (TCO 9) All of the following are associated with developing toddlers' healthy eating habits EXCEPT:
snacking between meals.
small portion sizes.
rewarding meal completion with dessert.
including toddlers in food shopping and preparation.
8. Question : (TCO 10) Federal guidelines specify that school lunches must provide ________ of the 1989 RDAs for protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium, and energy.
There are no federal guidelines regulating school lunches.
9. Question : (TCO 10) The total amount of energy needed per day for any given age is called ________.
10. Question : (TCO 10) Which of the following is FALSE regarding the RDA for carbohydrates?
This recommendation stays the same as we age.
This amount ensures adequate glucose to the brain.
Most healthy individuals require more than this recommendation.
This amount is difficult for elderly individuals to consume in their diets.
Preview of solution-Post_SCI228_quiz_7.docx