A 52-year-old male is diagnosed with urinary tract obstruction While designing the treatment plan the nurse realizes that the patient is expected to have hydronephrosis and a decreased glomerular filtration rate caused by
· Decreased renal blood flow
· Decreased peritubular capillary pressure
· Dilation of the renal pelvis and calyces proximal to a blockage
· Stimulation of antidiuretic hormone
Q 41 Client with chronic bronchitis is most likely to experience
· respiratory alkalosis due to inability to exhale C02
· respiratory acidosis due decreased intake of 02
· respiratory acidosis due to inability to exhale C02
· respiratory alkalosis due to decreased intake of 02
Q 42 When considering abnormal epigenetic modifications, what factor is currently being viewed as strongly associated with the development of some cancers'?
· Family genetics
· Lifestyles choices
· Environmental stressors
· Emotional coping skills
Q 43 The glomerular filtration rate (GFR) is directly related to the
· Perfusion pressure in the glomerular capillaries
· Oncotic pressure in the glomerular capillaries
· Vascular resistance in the glomerular arterioles
· Hydrostatic pressure in the Bowman’s capsule
Q 44 Reabsorption of water in the collecting ducts requires which hormone'?
· Antidiuretic hormone (ADH)
· Atrial natriuretic factor (ANP)
Q45 When discussing the functional unit of the kidney what term should the FNP use?
· Collecting duct
Q46 which type of nephron determines the concentration of the urine?
Q47 which of the following buffer pairs is considered the major plasma buffering system'?
· Protein fat
· Carbonic acid/bicarbonate
· Sodium potassium
The lamina propria area of the bronchioles plays a significant role in the pathogenesis of chronic bronchitis because this is where
· hyperplasia of goblet cells occurs
· inflammatory cell activation occurs
· columnar epithelial cells lose their cilia
· smooth muscle constriction occurs
An infant is experiencing hemolytic disease of the newborn Which of the following would the nurse expect to find in the infant's history and physical'?
· The mother was exposed to measles
· The father was exposed to Agent Orange
· The baby is Rh positive
· The baby was born 3 weeks prematurely
The FNP is giving an example of inflammation as an etiology for cancer development What is the best example the FNP should give'?
· Pneumonia and lung cancer
· Ulcerative colitis and colon cancer
· Prostatic hypertrophy and prostate cancer
· Hypercholesterolemia and leukemia
Q 6 A 10-year-old child is diagnosed with glomerulonephritis Tests reveal the deposition of immunoglobulin IgA in the glomerular capillaries The nurse will monitor for recurrent
Preview of nr507---midterm---sept2018.docx