Reflection on Achievement of Outcomes
Reflect back over the past eight weeks and describe how the achievement of the course outcomes in this course have prepared you to meet the MSN program outcome #5, the MSN Essential IX, and the NP Core Competencies #2.
Program Outcome #5
Develop a plan for lifelong personal and professional growth that integrates professional values regarding scholarship, service and global engagement.
MSN Essential IX: Master’s-Level Nursing Practice
Recognizes that nursing practice, at the master’s level, is broadly defined as any form of nursing intervention that influences healthcare outcomes for individuals, populations, or systems. Master’s-level nursing graduates must have an advanced level of understanding of nursing and relevant sciences as well as the ability to integrate this knowledge into practice. Nursing practice interventions include both direct and indirect care components.
NP Core Competencies
# 2 Leadership Competencies
1. Assumes complex and advanced leadership roles to initiate and guide change.
2. Provides leadership to foster collaboration with multiple stakeholders (e.g. patients, community,
integrated health care teams, and policy makers) to improve health care.
3. Demonstrates leadership that uses critical and reflective thinking.
4. Advocates for improved access, quality and cost effective health care.
5. Advances practice through the development and implementation of innovations incorporating principles of change.
6. Communicates practice knowledge effectively both orally and in writing.
7. Participates in professional organizations and activities that influence advanced practice nursing
and/or health outcomes of a population focus.
Preview of NR510_Week_8_Reflection.docx