By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Evaluate the functional areas within the health care enterprise.
- Assess a variety of characteristics relating to identified tertiary health care professions.
- Assess a variety of characteristics relating to identified primary health care professions
- Assess a variety of characteristics relating to identified community health care professions
- Competency 4: Evaluate the role and responsibilities of managers and leaders in the health care organization.
- Assess the interactions between roles and responsibilities of managers in different functions of health care.
- Substantiate thoughts and ideas based on referenced research.
For this assessment, you will use the following templates, linked in the Assessment Resources, to examine the health care professions and functions typically found in a hospital setting (tertiary care), primary care setting, and community health care setting:
- Tertiary Health Care Roles and Functions Table.
- Primary Health Care Roles and Functions Table.
- Community Health Care Roles and Functions Table.
You will complete the tables in all three of these templates and choose one role from each for further analysis. Before you begin the assessment, you may wish to review the Tertiary Health Care Roles and Functions Example, linked in the Assessment Resources, for guidance on completing the tables.
This assessment contains two parts. Be sure to complete both parts and submit all the required materials.
Part 1 Instructions
It is important to understand the roles of your health care colleagues, including what they do—and what motivates them. Using the three functions table templates (linked in the Assessment Resources), complete the table for each role or professional area, noting the following:
- Where it fits as a component in the chronic health care model.
- What the job duties entail, or what services it provides.
- What might motivate individuals in that job role (typically more than money).
- Whether the role is reimbursable by insurance. (If it does not apply, put N/A.)
- What specific education or preparation is required for the role (including degree and topic of study, such as bachelor's degree in nursing).
- The name of the primary professional organization representing the role.
Note that the lists in the tables are not all-inclusive. These are simply some of the most visible roles in each of the functions of health care. Use the References section of the templates to list your resources in APA format.
Refer to the Tertiary Health Care Roles and Functions Example, linked in the Assessment Resources, for guidance on completing the tables.
Part 2 Instructions
Once you have completed the tables, pick one role within each of the tables, and, in two or three paragraphs, assess how this management role interacts with colleagues and employees. Remember to substantiate your analysis with referenced research. Use the Table Definition section within each template to complete this section of the assessment.
- Be sure to submit all three completed templates for this assessment.
- Refer to the Functional Areas Within the Health Care Enterprise Assessment Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assessment.
- You are required to submit your assessment to the Turnitin source matching tool. Refer to the FlexPath instructions on the Turnitin iGuide page, linked in the Assessment Resources.
- Submit your assessment for faculty evaluation by clicking the linked assessment title in the assessment link below. Be sure to include the corresponding Turnitin report with your assessment.