FIN 320 Module Three Excel Assignment Rubric
This is the first of two Excel assignments you will complete in this course. Before you get started, be sure to watch the Yahoo! Finance and Investor Relations video. For this assignment, consider the stock you own in your TDAU thinkorswim portfolio. Choose one of the companies from your portfolio and use Yahoo! Financeto complete the following steps:
For the company you have selected, find the most recent annual balance sheet, annual income statement, and annual statement of cash flows.
Copy each of these three reports to its own worksheet within a single Excel file. The first worksheet should be titled 20XX Balance Sheet; the second, 20XX Income Statement; the third, 20XX Cash Flow. (Replace the XX with the appropriate year.) The image below illustrates the way the file should be set up.
Create a fourth worksheet within the same Excel file for historical stock prices. (You can name the worksheet Stock Prices.)
· On the Yahoo! Finance page for your company, click the Historical Prices link on the left-hand side. Find the stock prices for the most recent seven weekdaysin the Adj Close column. The Adj Close stock price is adjusted for dividends and stock splits. In your Excel file, enter thoseseven prices.
· On the Stock Prices worksheet, use an Excel formula to calculate the stock price’s rate of return over that seven-day period. To do this,
1. Subtract the stock price of the first day from the stock price of the last day.
2. Divide this amount by the stock price from the first day.
3. Multiply by 100 to get the rate of return.
Format the data on all worksheets so that the file has a neat and professional appearance.
At the bottom of each data tab in the spreadsheet, include a link and a properly formatted citation referencing the location of the data used.
Guidelines for Submission:Submit an Excel file that meets the criteria described in the prompt. Citations should be formatted according to APA style.
Instructor Feedback:This activity uses an integrated rubric in Blackboard. Students can view instructor feedback in the Grade Center. For more information,review these instructions.
Not Evident (0%)
Includes annual balance sheet, annual income statement, and
Does not include annual balance sheet, annual income statement,
annual statement of cash flows for the company selected
and annual statement of cash flows for the company selected
Accurately calculates the stock’s rate of return over the seven-day
Does not accurately calculate the stock’s rate of return over the
Formats data with a neat and professional appearance
Does not format data with a neat and professional appearance
Includes properly formatted APA-style citations and links with
Does not include properly formatted APA-style citations or
minor errors or no errors
includes citations and links with noticeable errors
Preview of FIN-320-Module-Three-Excel-Assignment-Rubric.xlsx